The new residency awards will involve the biennial Rome Residency, which will be reinstated in 2024, as well as an annual two-week residency at Bundanon, commencing in 2023. The residencies for Bundanon will be made biennially, with set dates for each annual placement.
The William Fletcher Travelling Fellowship & Rome Residency is a biennial award open to artists, featuring a three-month residency at the British School at Rome (BSR).
British School at Rome (Accademia Britannica di archeologia, storia e belle arti)
• Website: bsr.ac.uk • Address: Via Antonio Gramsci, 61, 00197 Roma, Italy
ROME RESIDENCY 2024
Applications will be open in February 2023.
The period of residency is from the beginning of April to the end of June (the European spring).
Valued at about A$ 30 000, it will include:
- accommodation with a studio at the BSR
- $A 5 000 for airfares, health and travel insurance
- a monthly stipend of $A 2 000
Who can apply?
Any artist who is an Australian resident and practising in at least one of the fields of painting, drawing or sculpture. (If you work in ceramics, you would be required to support your work with drawings.)
Someone satisfying at least 2 of the following 3 criteria:
- Completed a tertiary visual arts course, or equivalent*
- Held a substantial exhibition at a recognised gallery
- Received a significant commission, grant or public prize
* Preference may be given to a graduate between 3 and 10 years after completing a tertiary visual arts course, or equivalent.
Supported by a bequest from the late M Matheson Lines.