How to apply for The William Fletcher Travelling Fellowship & Rome Residency.
A. Initial application and PowerPoint presentation
- Completing the application
Your completed application form must be accompanied by:
- either a CD-ROM or USB flash drive containing a PowerPoint presentation of 10 JPEG images of your work (painting, drawing, sculpture), of which at least 5 must be of painting or drawing;
- a list of the images that are in the presentation (see 2, below);
- a sheet with the names of two professional referees*, and their contact details;
- at least 2 professional references** (including the above two, and any others), in sealed envelopes if preferred;
- a non-refundable entry fee of $20 (includes GST);
[This can be a cheque, made payable to “William Fletcher Foundation”. Alternatively this may be directly deposited as follows:
Account name: William Fletcher Foundation
Account number: 960826816
If you choose direct deposit, please enter your name as the description, and in the application form enter the date you deposited the $20 and confirm your name.]
- [optional] an adequately stamped and self-addressed envelope/container (for return of your CD-ROM or flash drive after judging);
- [optional] a Curriculum Vitae showing your art-related activities in the last 2 years only;
- [optional, but helpful] a statement (half page or less) indicating how a term studying in Rome may influence or benefit your art.
- Image list
The image list must have your name as the heading and be adequately labelled with titles, dimensions and media. Number the images in order of presentation. This list must accompany the application and be included as a document on the CD-ROM.
On this list, those works which will be available for finalist consideration should be marked “F”. These works should be of reasonable size: one dimension up to 1.5 metres, other dimension(s) up to one metre.
- Identification of images
Each image should be photographed against a neutral background and should aim to fill the slide-frame.
However, each slide should also show:
- title (including such titles as Untitled 4)
- dimensions in cm (2D work: height before width; sculpture: height)
- date completed
All items must be submitted by the closing date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
B. For finalists
If you are shortlisted as a finalist, you will be asked to deliver 3 works for display and adjudication. These will be chosen by the panel from works on your image list marked “F” (available, within size limits).